Eurodata Pedagógia Extreme
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Major flaws in Extreme`s books

2 participantes

Ir para baixo

Major flaws in Extreme`s books  Empty Major flaws in Extreme`s books

Mensagem por Fred Maciel Ter Set 22, 2015 12:17 pm

My topic suggestion is that we talk about our students' struggles with English, and how we can use that to improve the books in order to have a better learning environment at Extreme.

Not really sure if that is crystal clear, so I'll give some examples, from my experience here in Ribeirao Preto.

1 -My students all make mistakes with the misuse of the article 'the' and preposition 'to' or 'for'.  I think that lessons including these topics are most needed.

2 -The students are clearly unbalanced when it comes to speaking. We really need to put some serious thought into this, but what first comes to mind is that speaking exercises are few, repetitive and boring. Also, grammar and writing are over-weighted in my opinion.

3 -We need more diversity of exercises (more games would be lovely). The lessons are very similar throughout the units.

I could carry on, but let's hear from others now.

Best,

Fred

Fred Maciel

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Major flaws in Extreme`s books  Empty Re: Major flaws in Extreme`s books

Mensagem por Janilde Oliveira Qui Out 15, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi Fred,

At the moment I'm correcting the written in book 2, let's take advantage and add some activities to unit 6. Please, let me know what you have in mind.

Sincerely yours,

Janilde Oliveira
Admin

https://eurodatapedagogia.directorioforuns.com

Mensagem por Fred Maciel Sex Out 16, 2015 6:57 pm

Hi Janilde,

Regarding unit 6 (book2), I am happy to give constructive feedback on it, considering my experience here in Ribeirao Preto.
First and foremost, I feel that it covers a heavy load of grammar - At, In, On and Object Pronouns. The consequence is that there are few to none exercises on these topics. And even though they appear throughout the unit, the books could benefit from more exercises from both topics (prepositions are a pain even for advanced speakers).  
Secondly, from page 63 ex.3 to the end of the unit, there are only speaking and listening. The students get tired. I often ask them to do some of the workbook during class, but then there isn't enough exercises for them to do at home.
And last but not least, you should definitely remove those Student A and Student B exercises from the book. They simply don't work. I asked all other teachers that I met here in Ribeirao, and all of them answered the same: They skip these exercises (page 69 for instance).

I have some more specific notes here, such as the phonetics of 'have to', 'the useful expressions for phone calls' language link, but I have already written too much - I have a huge pile of exercises to correct here.  
And I must apologise for I unfortunately can't help to 'add exercises'. Writing new exercises demands a lot of time, and I can't spare free time to do it at the moment. However, I would gladly work on it, considering that I am fairly rewarded for the task.
I am still available to share my experience like I did above. Free of charge! Lol Smile

Best Regards,

Fred Maciel

Mensagem por Conteúdo patrocinado

Conteúdo patrocinado

Ir para o topo

Permissões neste sub-fórum
Não podes responder a tópicos